Training the Trainers, Warwick
Mon 19 Jun
Thu 22 Jun
A four-day residential course for any staff providing training for peer groups, whether as trainers for AGCAS or running events internally for careers service colleagues, academics or other staff groups. The focus is not on teaching student groups - for this, please consider our Group Work course.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• analyse and implement an appropriate training design model;
• identify the different training roles with AGCAS including that of trainer on the
AGCAS/Warwick qualification courses;
• describe theories of learning and group dynamics;
• demonstrate a range of skills to facilitate the delivery of training courses;
• provide and receive feedback and recognise its role in the assessment process;
• demonstrate coaching and mentoring skills;
• develop a personal action plan.
The course is delivered by The University of Warwick in collaboration with AGCAS; it is part of the Training and Coaching optional module of the CEIGHE MA/PG Diploma. CEIGHE registrants are supported by materials and resources from both the AGCAS and The University of Warwick’s websites.
Whilst the course is attended by registrants as part of the AGCAS/Warwick CEIGHE qualification it is also open to non-registrants whose course support and materials will be provided solely by AGCAS.
Here's what some previous participants had to say:
“The course was very practical with lots of experiences of trying things out which I found incredibly helpful.”
“Enjoyed the course immensely and learnt a great deal. Very intense and found myself tired in the evenings - by the last day of the course it was all making sense and I had renewed energy & impetus for future training delivery.”
Date(s) & Timing 19 Jun 2017 - 22 Jun 2017 (4 day event) Full Member price £1,165.00 Affiliate Member price £1,360.00 Conference Member price £1,550.00 Student Member price £1,745.00 Non-member price £1,940.00 Venue Scarman, The University of Warwick Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
Further booking information
- Further booking information (42 KB)
National Course Booking Form
- National Course Booking Form (80 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.
Tags: training trainer