Group Work, Warwick
Mon 10 Apr
Wed 12 Apr
This three-day residential course is intended for careers staff working or planning to work with students and other clients in groups and who wish to develop new approaches to planning and delivery.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• identify the main principles and theories underpinning successful group work;
• demonstrate the process skills involved in planning, delivery and evaluation,
eg the writing of aims and learning outcomes;
• outline (and subsequently demonstrate) the management, facilitation and
communication skills needed to run a successful group, eg using a range of
• describe the place of group work in the guidance process within the context
of their organisation;
• demonstrate the ability to select, adapt, design and implement appropriate
materials to support the learning outcomes of the session;
• recognise and respond to the needs of different client groups.
The course is delivered by The University of Warwick in collaboration with AGCAS; it is an optional module of the CEIGHE MA/PG Diploma and PG Certificate. CEIGHE registrants are supported by materials and resources from both the AGCAS and The University of Warwick’s websites.
Whilst the course is attended by registrants as part of the AGCAS/Warwick CEIGHE qualification it is also open to non-registrants whose course support and materials will be provided solely by AGCAS.
Here's what some previous participants had to say:
“This was a brilliant course and built my confidence massively as well as gave me the tools and knowledge I needed to improve what I and my service were doing. Thank you!”
“[I learned] pretty much everything I needed to know about delivering effective and interactive group work!”
“Positive and informative as well as supportive.”
Date(s) & Timing 10 Apr 2017 - 12 Apr 2017 (3 day event) Full Member price £875.00 Affiliate Member price £1,020.00 Conference Member price £1,170.00 Student Member price £1,315.00 Non-member price £1,460.00 Venue Scarman, The University of Warwick Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
Further booking information
- Further booking information (42 KB)
National Course Booking Form
- National Course Booking Form (80 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.