Management of HE Careers and Employability Services, Warwick
Wed 01 Mar
Fri 03 Mar
This four-day residential course, delivered in two blocks, is intended to enhance the understanding of the key issues and influences impacting on careers and employability service development and delivery.
Running dates and times
• Part 1 - 5pm on Wednesday 1 March to 3pm on Friday 3 March 2017
• Part 2 - 5pm on Tuesday 9 May 2017 to 3pm on Thursday 11 May 2017
(Please note that both blocks have to be attended. Also please note that the prices below cover BOTH parts of the course.)
Who should attend?
Participants may already be managers (HOS/deputies, team leaders, programme managers) within careers and employability services or those who aspire to make the move into management in the near future.
• Current Issues: Analysis of current issues within HE and beyond with particular focus on the impact on the participant's institution, service and stakeholders.
• Quality and Impact Assessment: The development and application of service, institutional and national KPIs.
• Strategy and Policy: Understanding the strategic definition, development and deployment of a relevant evidence base. The development of strategy and policy as applied to the enhancement of careers service provision. An understanding of the variety of structures and delivery models for employability and career development learning within the HE sector and the underpinning pedagogy/theory. The development and application of these to the participants HEI and service.
• Leadership: matrix management and 'influencing without authority'. Leadership within the context of careers services. Visibility and profile within the HEI. Understanding the values and motivations of others - colleagues, staff, other stakeholders, etc.
• Business Problem Solving: utilising a cutting-edge model, demonstrating and practising its application.
The course is delivered by The University of Warwick in collaboration with AGCAS; it is an optional module of the CEIGHE MA and PG Diploma and can also be undertaken as a PG Award. CEIGHE registrants are supported by materials and resources from both the AGCAS and The University of Warwick’s websites.
Whilst the course is attended by registrants as part of the AGCAS/Warwick CEIGHE qualification it is also open to non-registrants whose course support and materials will be provided solely by AGCAS.
Date(s) & Timing 01 Mar 2017 - 03 Mar 2017 (3 day event) Full Member price £1,540.00 Affiliate Member price £1,795.00 Conference Member price £2,050.00 Student Member price £2,310.00 Non-member price £2,565.00 Venue Scarman, The University of Warwick Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
Further booking information
- Further booking information (42 KB)
National Course Booking Form
- National Course Booking Form (80 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.