Accelerate - Get Your PGTs Moving Faster, London
Fri 12 May
Given that many of the UK taught postgraduate courses are a one year programme, there is a short window to engage students with careers service activities and encourage them to make the most of their time at the University as well as managing their expectations. This small window also poses a challenge as to how to bring them up to speed with labour market expectations. One solution is to engage with students prior to their arrival to help them “to hit the ground running” a little faster.
A frequent issue with PGT students is how they can gain work experience during an intensive one year programme. At the same time institutions are trying to ensure that the UK is still an attractive option for PGT study and therefore more exposure to the world of work is being built into the ambitions of their PGT programmes of some institutions.
The day will offer the opportunity to look at some current practice of “pre-arrival” careers activities in a number of institutions with delegates having the opportunity to discuss/compare what is on offer in their own institutions with some new ideas that may be worth considering for future good practice. The day will also be showcasing some ideas for good practice including:
• Case studies from institutions who have successfully built work related activities into their PGT programmes
• Other examples of good practice to help improve the employability of your PGT students
Upon completion of the workshop, delegates will:
• Develop a clearer understanding of how pre-arrival careers activities can best be incorporated into the PGT courses
• Explore potential work experience opportunities for PGT courses and how these may be integrated into PGT graduate outcomes and enhance employer relationships
• Gain knowledge and ideas for developing pre-entry and work based learning options in their own institutions to have a positive impact on student employability
Booking for this event is now open, please complete the booking form below and email it to Moira Dodd by 3rd May 2017.
Date(s) & Timing 12 May 2017 10:30 16:00 Full Member price £155.00 Affiliate Member price £180.00 Conference Member price £210.00 Student Member price £235.00 Non-member price £260.00 Venue Liverpool Campus, London Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
- Booking form (56.5 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.