Group Work, Warwick
Mon 16 Jul 12
Thu 19 Jul 12
This course is now fully booked
This four-day residential course is intended for careers staff working, or planning to work, with students and other clients in groups and who wish to develop new approaches to its planning and delivery.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• identify the main principles and theories underpinning successful group work
• demonstrate the process skills involved in planning, delivery and evaluation, eg the writing of aims and learning outcomes
• outline and subsequently demonstrate, the management, facilitation and communication skills needed to run a successful group, eg using a range of facilitative skills
• describe the place of group work in the guidance process within the context of their organisation
• demonstrate the ability to select, adapt, design and implement appropriate materials to support the learning outcomes of the session
• recognise and respond to the needs of different client groups
If you would like to stay at Warwick on the night before the course, please contact Warwick Conferencing (tel: 02476 221111). Please note that AGCAS will not be involved in these 'extra' arrangements and you will be required to pay Warwick directly.
NB: If you intend to do this course as part of the CEIGHE qualification with the University of Warwick, you need to register for the module with the university. Once AGCAS has offered you a place on the course, you will need to complete a University of Warwick Module Registration Form (available below) and return it as soon as possible, certainly before the course runs, to the university (address on form).
Date(s) & Timing 16 Jul 2012 - 19 Jul 2012 (4 day event) Full Member price £960.00 Affiliate Member price £1,120.00 Conference Member price £1,280.00 Non-member price £1,600.00 Venue Add to calendar Download event to my Outlook Calendar
Select 'Open' rather than 'Save' when prompted by your browser.
National training course booking form downloads
Module Registration Form - AGCAS/The University of Warwick course downloads
- Module Registration Form (1.3 MB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.