Service Membership - International
International Service Membership is appropriate for non-UK based careers and employability services (including those serving individual schools, faculties or departments) of institutions that offer HE provision.
To be eligible for International Service Membership:
• the institution must offer study programmes at higher education level;
• the institution must provide careers/employability services to
students of higher education programmes;
• the careers/employability service must offer careers education,
information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) and other services to some
or all of the institution's HE students/graduates;
• there must be a named head of service for the purpose of liaison with
• the careers/employability service must be able to demonstrate
its commitment to high quality provision.
Holders of International Service Membership are entitled to the maximum benefits bestowed by AGCAS membership, eg:
• A supportive network of careers and employability professionals,
including heads of services.
• The named head of service or a representative will be eligible to
attend AGCAS Heads of Service Conferences (currently annual).
• The named head of service and a named 'deputy' will be eligible to
receive AGCAS Heads Updates by email.
• Access to AGCAS-HEADS and other appropriate AGCAS email lists and
• Many opportunities to network with professional colleagues and with
graduate employers face-to-face, by telephone, email and via social
• Access to and 30% discount off AGCAS' wide-ranging portfolio of
conferences, events and training.
• Access to qualifications delivered by The University of Warwick in collaboration with AGCAS.
• The opportunity to enter and win AGCAS' prestigious
Awards for Excellence.
• Opportunities to network and contribute to AGCAS via membership
of a wide range of task groups and one-off projects.
• Eligibility to buy member service-only streaming licences for
AGCAS video content.
• Copies of Phoenix, AGCAS' digital journal, three times a year.
• Copies of ARENA, AGCAS' fortnightly e-newsletter.
• Access to all areas of the AGCAS website, including service member-
• Eligibility to join and chair AGCAS Task Groups.
• Eligibility to stand for election to the AGCAS Board of Directors.
Cost of International Service Membership
Service membership is based on two elements, the institutional (student FTE) element and the individual (staff member) element:
1. The institutional element is in two parts, both based on the number
of FTE HE students registered at the institution. In the UK, Part A is
based on broad bands (we will quote based on your student
numbers) and Part B on exact numbers is £1.60 per 75 FTE students.
International Service Members will receive a 30% discount off the
UK rate for this element.
2. The individual element is £64.20 per named AGCAS member (2015-16).
This will give AGCAS Affiliate Member status to each individual.
Applying for International Service Membership
1. Complete an application form (available below).
2. If there is already a Member Service in the institution, we will require its head of service to support your application.
3. You will be notified of the decision approving or denying your application.
4. If your application is approved, you (usually the head of service) will receive an invoice from AGCAS for the membership fees.
5. Contact us if you experience any difficulties with the application process.
Service Membership - International downloads
- Service Membership application form (121 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.