Sun 23 Apr
Closing Date: April 23, 2017
Location: Based in Sheffield with significant UK travel
Starting salary £39,282 (Grade 8 £39,282-£52,736)
AGCAS is the [UK and Ireland] expert membership organisation for higher education student career development and graduate employment professionals. Through our members, we support the best possible career outcomes from higher education for individuals, institutions, society and the economy.
The Membership Manager will deliver AGCAS’s vision to create a sense of common purpose amongst members, ensuring all AGCAS members feel that their community, profession and region is represented and that AGCAS is recognised as a high-quality professional body which is inclusive and representative. The role involves working closely with the Community Director and the Quality Director (Board members who are volunteers from the AGCAS membership) to develop the strategic plan for the Community and Quality areas of the AGCAS strategy and ensuring delivery of the strategic objectives for these areas.
Supported by the Membership Officer and reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership Manager will take operational responsibility for:
• Supporting the development and subsequent maintenance of the AGCAS professional standard(s).
• Supporting AGCAS task groups, regional groups and the wider membership in delivery of the AGCAS strategy.
• Recruiting new and retaining existing services and individual members.
• Maintaining and maximising engagement and support from members.
• Promoting engagement with member groups and develop member benefits.
• Managing relationships with key partners and stakeholders to the benefit of AGCAS, its services and individual members.
• Supporting the Community Director and Quality Director with the management of the volunteer committees and groups that support the Community and Quality strategic area.
We are looking for an experienced professional with demonstrable knowledge of the issues facing staff in UK higher education, especially those who support student and graduate employability and employment outcomes. You should have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects. Experience of working with volunteers within a membership organisation is essential.
If you wish to take on this challenge and believe you can have a significant impact on AGCAS’s community and quality activities, we would like to hear from you.
Application is by CV and covering letter by 23rd April 2017 to Elaine Boyes, Executive Director
Interviews will be held on Friday 5th May in Sheffield.
- Job description and person specification (171.1 KB)
If items are locked please check that you are registered and signed in to ensure that you can see all parts of the site to which you have been given access.